Some quick facts about me:
- Knitter, Weaver, Art Historian, Amateur Photographer, Online Journalist.
- Munich based bavarian native, living far in the south of Germany, near the alps and Italy.
- Master in arts history, communications and ethnology
- Arts & Crafts: Knitting, crocheting, weaving, sewing, embroidery, tatting (Occhi), oil & watercolor painting, drawing with chalk/coal/pencil, silk painting, etching, goldsmithing…
- Feels most comfortable in rough nature like in Scandinavia, Iceland, Canada – and in winter.
- Dog-person, means, likes dogs more than cats and wants to have one (again) some day. A big one. Great Pyrenees dog.
- Does traditional archery from time to time (with a Ragim Fox Longbow, 30lbs).
- Convinced that everything in life is connected and that life happens right now. Most difficult thing in the world to follow.
I’m a “one-woman-show”, means, I’m doing everything myself, mostly on my weekends or during my (rare) free time. Which includes taking the photos, setting up the blog, running all the various (social media) platforms like Twitter, Pinterest, Ravelry, Instagram and Flickr (some of them still in the starting phase ;)), assembling my loom (with the help of Google and a screwdriver), putting together all photo equipment and setting up a little studio after a lot of research and reading. And hopefully I will one day be able to produce enough to open up a shop for selling my products.
So I’m unfortunately not able to post very often here as well, as I’m away from home 12 hours a day while working full-time during the week. But nevertheless, I endeavor to find really interesting topics to share with you and will respond to all comments. Feel free to leave feedback, I’d love to exchange ideas and thoughts with other fiber enthusiasts and wool addicts. ;)
If you would like to contact me directly, please feel free to email me at suzanoakhill[at]gmx.net
Now I become myself. It’s taken
Time, many years and places;
I have been dissolved and shaken,
Worn other people’s faces…
P.S: Oh, and as English is not my native language, please excuse occasional weird expressions. Why am I not writing in German? Well… I want to reach as many people as possible and as English is more common in the world than German…. :) So if anyone needs a translation to German for some parts, feel free to contact me. I’m happy to translate, but I won’t provide all the content bilingual. It just takes too much time.
Thanks for visiting my blog!